We researched and reviewed a large number of personal reports that dealt with everything from installation to software updates and the final end-user experience.
Solar Powered Weather Station WS-1201-IP from Ambient Weather
The unit has an indoor and an outdoor sensor array for you to get a complete picture of the meteorological conditions both inside and outside of your house.
The outdoor sensor array records temperature, wind speed and direction, also humidity, rainfall, Solar and UV radiation. The indoor sensor array records temperature, barometric pressure as well as humidity inside.
The unit also comes with a color display unit, which shows all the information in an easy to read format, whilst also providing you with extra details such as rate of rainfall currently occurring and dew point and providing you with graphs for barometric pressure, temperature and humidity to showcase detailed and easy to interpret trends.
There is also an Apple app and Apple products should work effortlessly with the software of this unit. In addition, it’s compatible with Alexa.
Solar Powered Weather Station Pros:
- The entire setup process is very easy. The only additional equipment you need are two AAA batteries. One online reviewer timed the whole set up process as taking 37 minutes out of the box.
- The unit is using a micro SD card to record all historical data.
- The ObserverIP uploads data to Wunderground directly through your router. So there is no need for a dedicated computer being connected to the internet all day.
- Excellent display console
- Customer support from Ambient Weither is in generall fast and responsive to the needs of the customers.
- Great value for money
- Sensors are highly accurate and reliable
- You can set the sensors to update every few seconds. Therefore the data you receive is exceedingly close to real-time information
- One hundred megabytes is the only data consumed when continuously reporting to wunderground.com
- Compares well against other brands such as Vantage Pro and Oregon Scientific
Here is a review video from a customer:
Solar Powered Weather Station Cons:
- A separate buy is the Micro SD card
- Unit only uploads to wunderground.com and no other weather networks
- Every three months you have to empty and clean the rain gauge
The pricing of this weather unit combined with its very satisfactory number of features makes it a great choice. Also a very competitive buy. Just a small minority of people have experienced difficulties with this unit. Most people report getting lasting value for money. Also being delighted with the accuracy and overall ease of use. This unit is an above average buy for the avid amateur weather watcher. You can form part of a very important worldwide community due to the ease of uploading the data directly to wunderground.com. For us this solar powered weather station is the choice we recommend.